- Artwork should be submitted as a high definition multipage pdf/X1 file, with one booklet page per file page, including crop marks and bleed complying to the following:
- Only objects to be printed – design objects and crop marks – should be included and visible in the artwork.
Regular CD size: 120 x 120 mm
Wide CD size: 137 x 120 mm
Regular DVD size: 120 x 174 mm
Wide DVD size: 137 x 174 mm
For booklets that exceed 16 pages, please decrease height with 1 mm per 4 pages, or make a dummy to make sure that the booklet fits well into the booklet pocket.
- File settings and all objects in CMYK mode. The artwork should not include any spot colour plates or other channels besides CMYK, unless that is specifically ordered.
- Total colour saturation (C+M+Y+K) should be maximum 300%.
- ICC profile should not be embedded.
- Minimum 3 mm bleed over all edges.
- All images 300 dpi, CMYK.
- All crucial text, images and design objects should be placed within the ”text safe” area, minimum 3 mm clear of edges and claw areas.
- To enable JakeBox to make final artwork amendments, all text objects should be converted into vector paths, fonts should not be attached separately or embedded.
File should be checked the file in Acrobat’s Output Preview and Preflight (under the ”Advanced” menu) to make sure that there are no technical errors, before sending it to us.
A basic check-up of points 1 – 5 above is included in the price. Should the artwork not comply to these, amendment services and/or handling of amendments will be provided by JakeBox at an hourly fee of 90 EUR.
All other points are only recommendations for best result, and are not included in the artwork check-up made by JakeBox. JakeBox will not be responsible for the consequences of non-compliance to these recommendations.
Submission of Artwork
Artwork files less than 10 mb should be sent by email to your contact at JakeBox, or to email@example.com. Files larger than 10mb should be uploaded on http://jakebox.com/upload, password: customerupload